(which we hope they will carry into adulthood)
- Consequences matter. If you were kicking your legs near your sister and you didn’t exactly mean to kick her but your foot did crash into her, you’re being reckless.
- You never need to give hugs or kisses if you don’t feel like it.
- No complaining or threatening when someone else refuses your hugs or kisses.
- If you can’t stop making loud noises at dinner, you have to go somewhere else.
- People can revoke consent (yes, even if she already said you could bite her. Now she’s telling you to stop.)